Wednesday, February 11, 2009

pack-aging

Packing and Aging do not go hand in hand...pack-aging

On Monday, February 16th, I am set to move, the 10th time in as many years:

Long Island to College Dorms
College Dorms to Junior Year Frat House
Frat House to Sr Year Apt
Sr Year Apt to Post Graduation House #1
Post Graduation House #1 to Post Graduation House #2
Post Graduation House #2 cross country to California 'rents home
'rents home to Redondo Beach Apt #1
Redondo Beach Apt #1 to Hermosa Beach Pad
Beach Pad to Redondo Beach Townhouse
Redondo Beach Townhouse to Redondo Beach Apt #2 (I hope this is it for a little while)

For the first time, with coercion from my roommate, professional movers will be handling the bulk. I hate moving, but have become a pro at donating stuff or throwing shit out each move. I am amazed I have anything left.

Fact: Several moves ago I created and still utilize an address change spreadsheet on Excel that assists in tracking what addresses have been changed and those that have not.

Fiction: This spreadsheet makes me a nerd. Oh on the contrary, this spreadsheet makes me efficient and organized.

Fact: For a dude, I have collected a lot of shoes. And because of the size of said shoes, they account for a more significant portion of my move than I care to admit.

Fact: All the clothes and misc. crap I moved the last time that I haven't seen since I last packed it, ALL got donated or trashed. In 3 mere hours, I managed to drop 3 large bags to Good Will and another 2 went into the dumpster.

Fiction: I am blogging right now because I am procrastinating further packing. Oh on the contrary, I blog to document the historical nature of this move...oh fuck it, I'm procrastinating.

Fact: I have memorized the exact measurements of my bed, so as to ensure it comes with me every move. I DO NOT TAKE CHANCES NOR COMPROMISE COMFORT.

Fact: I am not looking for sympathy with this move, as a lot of my moves have been of my own volition. I am, however, looking for your assistance. If you have 2 arms and 2 legs, of course in working condition, I fully expect you to be waiting outside my garage 9am sharp Monday morning with coffee, donuts, and a smile.

Schwartz---->

No comments:

Post a Comment